February 10, 2013

Let It Snow!



As a Bay Area native from California, I have been to the snow in Tahoe many times, but I have never lived in snow.  So when those first little flurries started drifting downward outside my classroom window, well, what can I say?  I was mesmerized.  I felt like a little girl.  A big smile washed over my face - "It's snowing!"




There is something magical about snow gently falling from the sky.  A sense of calm, a sense of newness, of purity... I don't know.  All I know is I couldn't wait to get outside and watch it flutter down all around me.

The locals say this has been one of the coldest and snowiest winters in Korea in a looooong time.  And while the daily chill and snow sticking to the ground has grown a little old now, and I am anxious for the warmer weather to return, I still love watching it gracefully fall.













 I love that my students and my own children get to play in the snow at recess and after school.











There is a beauty to snow in winter; a solemnness that takes your breath away and warms your heart.